Saturday, January 29, 2011

A relaxing weekend...

It has been a few days since my last entry.  I had a dentist appointment in Fort Worth on Thursday.  The dentist is reworking a crown I had done about 3 years ago, so I needed to go in for that.  Right now, I have a temporary crown, so I have to return for the permanent crown on 3/1.

My blood sugar has been as high as 269 to 177 over the weekend.  It is a bit of a rollercoaster.  Mostly, in the mornings, my blood sugar will be higher than in the evening.  The important part for me to remember is that "now", I am in the lower 200s and reaching into the upper 100s.  This is definitely a good thing.  I also recognize when I do not plan on eating properly, like last night.  Last night, I joined several friends for dinner at Japanese Palace.  I knew that the rice would screw up my blood sugar, but it was a special night.  I had not gone out with these friends in months.  I need to help plan a "Girls Night Out" with a larger group.

I made it a point on Friday to go to a nail salon to get a manicure and pedicure.  I am going to try to work in getting at least a pedicure every 2 weeks.  I know that seems a bit much, but my toe nails grow quickly and my feet really need the attention.  As for the manicure, I think I could treat myself to one of those at least once a month.  In the meantime, I could give myself my own manicure each week.  I would give myself a pedicure, but when it comes to cutting my toe nails, I usually do a butcher job.  You should have seen my toe nails before going to the salon - it was shameful.  (I tipped the girl extra because I felt bad.)

I am noticing that some of my shirts are fitting a little more loosely.  That is definitely a good thing.  However, I cannot fall into the trap of thinking I am "DONE".  No way.  I still have a ways to go.

Another positive in my hat was that I began to realize when I was starting to get "full."  I still had some food left, so I slowed down and left it.  That is important sign for me to recognize.  That will help me with cutting back on what I eat.

Tomorrow, I am going to try to straighten up some stuff and continue to just relax.  The upcoming month is going to be a really busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment