Thursday, February 21, 2013

Painful Laughs...

Sometimes, incidents happen to all of us that hurt us physically, but later on, we always end up laughing about them.  On Sunday, I had such an incident.

I had just finished working on something for work.  Bo and Chloe were quite insistent to be walked - basically, both dogs were doing the "pee-pee dance."

I grabbed my jacket and made sure I had my house keys and roll of plastic baggies to pick up any possible "deposits" on this walk.  I keep a pair of old shoes down the stairs by the garage door.  There were too many incidents where I stepped in some "deposit" left by another beastie.  I would never know about it until I had tracked it up the stairs, then I would have to clean the stairs.  I wanted to contain those incidents to the stone tile at the bottom of the stairs.  It would be easier clean up.

On my way down the stairs, I must have lost my balance or traction on the stairs.  The next thing I knew my butt hit the corner of the first step, second step, and third step.  It was moving so fast that when I finally stopped all I could do is go "OOOOOWWWWWWW!"  I wanted cry from the pain, but I couldn't - it hurt too much.

I got on my feet and my right ankle started to give me some trouble.  Walking was very painful.  I looked at Bo and Chloe and try to explain "No pulling or running - I am in some serious pain!"

When I got home, I had to sit back down to do some more work.  I screamed in pain - my butt hurt so bad just to sit down and even worse if I had to get up.

I am not sure if I broke anything back there.  Even if I did, there is nothing that can be done about that tail bone.  Today, it still hurts when I sit or move around in the chair.  When I stand, walk, or lie down, that area is not painful.  However, the minute I go to sit down or get up, I get a wake up call with a jolt of pain.

At the time, it was not very funny.  Now, that it has been a few days, my right ankle no longer hurts, but my bum pain is still there.  However, I can laugh about it.  Still, I have figure out how to keep that from happening again.  Ow!  :-)  Did I forget to say it hurts to laugh?  LOL  Ow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment