Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekends Go By Way Too Fast...

Feels like just as soon as Friday arrives, Monday comes around a bit too quickly for me these days.  That is probably because all that I need to get accomplished is not getting done on a personal level.  It is very frustrating.

I worked a good part of the weekend.  I handled a code deployment on Friday night, then stayed up most of last night for a disaster recovery exercise requested by another team.  I spent a good bit of that time catching up on sleep.

I did manage to make it out and get groceries.  My mind is having a difficult time trying to determine if I should only go to the grocery store and pick up ingredients as I need them for cooking.  In particular, fruit, vegetables, and meats.  That might make better sense and help empty out the refrigerator.

Tonight, I made one of my mom's homemade dishes - hamburger soup.  Mainly, it is a vegetable soup with browned hamburger in it.  I remember my mom making it a lot and it was pretty comforting for me today.  I was way too cranky after having worked most of the weekend.

When I was peeling the potatoes for the soup, I realized that my finger nails have grown a bit too long.  My manicure did not last most of the week, so I had thought of taking off the polish.  When I almost took off part of my finger nail with the peeler, I thought it was time to file down the nails and put some new color on them. 

I used to spend time doing my own manicures.  I was pretty good at it, but once I started working a lot, that all went by the wayside.  My mom started going to get pedicures and got me into doing it as well.  Once that started, I figured why not get a manicure.  Since that time, I have had someone else do it.  Tonight, I did it for myself.  It was a nice change of pace.

I colored my finger nails a nice, funky purple color by Zoya called Mimi.  I think it will fit right in with the MAC collection pieces I got yesterday.  Time to be fun and funky!

No comments:

Post a Comment