Friday, February 15, 2013

Pedometer Update...

I have been trying to make it a habit to wear my FitBit pedometer as much as I can.  I hook it onto my bra in such a way that no one can tell I am wearing it.  That helps me make sure I have it on a majority of the time.

This week has been so crazy with the week ending release that I have not been able to go walk much.  I do walk the dogs, but that is not enough.  Most of my time has been spent sitting at my desk or in front of a computer working out issues that have "popped" up all of a sudden.

This morning, I have to be in the office early for the beginning activities for the release.  I am praying that it will go well and I can relax for the rest of the weekend until Sunday night.  That will be when I have to pull an all-nighter, which I am not looking forward to doing.

I was talking to someone the other day.  He stated that he only has to worry about pulling all nighters for release weekends.  Basically, he only has to do it 3 times a year.  I am getting to the point where pulling all nighters is having a really bad effect on me.

In college, that was to be expected to pull all nighters because you either procrastinated or wanted to do really well.  Now that I am in my mid-forties, it is getting more and more difficult to recover.  It used to be that I could recover within a day.  Now, it takes a week - sometimes longer.  I noticed this recently.  The other part of the recovery problem is that one cannot get the necessary rest needed, so it does take longer.

I still need to look for ways to get more movement into my routine.  However, the pedometer is actually helping me see where my downfalls are.

No comments:

Post a Comment