Monday, May 12, 2014

Horrible Eating Habits and How I Try to Curb It...

Seems an odd title, eh?  Nutshell, since my visit to the endo, I have been really been eating horribly.  I do not measure as much or even try to see what the calorie counts are.  Break is over - time to buckle down and get back to sensible eating.

Eating out is ALWAYS a headache for me.  Many places are getting better at making their nutritional information available, but not all restaurants.

Recently, I visited a new restaurant called "The Egg and I."  I tried the "Eggs-cellent Omelette" and really enjoyed it.  Laying in my bed, I went to their web site and realized why I enjoyed it so much.  The meal I selected as it was - over 1000 calories.  I was completely knocked over on that.  However, I was fascinated by the nutritional calculator that the web site provided.  I was able to adjust the meal somewhat by changing eggs to egg substitute and removing the english muffin and ranch potatoes with a fruit cup.  I was able to cut the calorie content by half!

I love web sites set up with a nutritional calculator such as these.  It helps me take their basic meal and alter it for my needs.  That way, when I go the restaurant, I know exactly what I want when I get there.  No more guessing games on calorie content or even accepting bad food (unless it is a special occasion).

Sunday, I tried making my own version of this omelette and it turned into just a melted cheese hot mess.  LOL  However,  have some ideas on improving for my needs and being able to fit such new foods into my diet.

Time to get busy and drop this weight.  I have taken a long enough break and I am really able to tell when my stomach cannot handle much more.  That is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment