Monday, May 5, 2014

Incorporating Small Changes...

Truth:  I have seriously slacked off from reaching my 10,000 step goal.

Theory:  Procrastination - telling myself "Yeah, you can do this later tonight."  Later tonight bounces around and guess what, I am too tired or the dogs are on the demanding side for attention.

Time to suck it up and look for another way to get the steps done.  I thought about this:

Goal:  10,000 steps per day
Hours in a day for anyone:  16

I came up with this idea:  If I can get 1000 steps in per hour, I should be able to more easily reach my goal.  So, take more 15-20 minute breaks and "walk" or "walk in place". 

I am really bad about sitting at my desk for hours on end and never getting up because I keep telling myself - "I will step away after I finish this up."  That has to stop.  Locate a stopping point and just get up and move.  The reason why this is so important is not just to get the steps for my goal, but if I sit for too long, it hurts so much on my muscles and bones.  When I am more active, there is no pain.

Also, I can slowly incorporate this into my daily routine.  I can still do 30 minutes of continuous exercise, but this plan will help me be more active through out the day.

Anyone interested in what Week One's Work Out is for the 28-Day Challenge, check this out:

http://www.prevention.com/fitness/strength-training/preventions-2014-28-day-transformation-challenge-workouts-week?s=2

I told my trainer about the "Bird Dog Push-Up".  She said that was a bit more difficult than I was ready to do.  I do Bird Dogs because it is helping with my balance.  It was a real eye-opener on how unbalanced I was and still am.  I do not guess many of us really see that.

So, here goes - trying to prove my theory will work - putting the idea into motion!

God's Message to Me Today:

you have to pass through a dark night of the soul.

Everyone does, including you. A time comes when what you have always believed is true melts away underneath you. When you cast in doubt even the most obvious, the most simple. When it seems that dark night is all around, and you are all alone. Take heart, this journey through abyss is the final barrier before your emergence into the heavenly light of a new synthesis of your being. God is waiting for you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment