Monday, May 19, 2014

When Everything Goes Horribly Wrong...

Technically, the weekend was pretty uneventful.  I did manage to whittle down the laundry mountain and clear the dishes in the sink.  However, a couple of furry beings were not particularly happy with my busy work.  In fact, one got down right vocal about it and refused to keep quiet until I sat on the sofa for about 2 hours.  Some times, someone tries to tell you that they will not be ignored.

Friday night, I had pizza with one of my friends.  I ordered a small and a house salad for myself and wanted to try the Greek bread.  My friend ordered a whole medium pizza.  I shared the Greek bread.  While it was really good, I won't be ordering that again.  Mainly because there was too much dough.  I just wanted to try it - too bad there is not a tasting area for such things.

I ended up taking back half of my pizza and the Greek bread.  My friend wanted me to take her last piece of pizza, but I did not want it.  In the end, I threw out the food because it was really the last thing I needed to be eating.

I ended my passion for making an omelette.  Too difficult to do and too many calories in the long run.  I am good with that.  I will just stick with my scrambled egg beaters, turkey sausage, fruit, and occasionally a little cheese mixed with the egg beaters.

As for my ending my use of Prilosec for the use of Vitamin D, that ended by Saturday.  I lasted about 6 days and enduring horrific pain.  Neither tums or alka-seltzer were able to hold back the really bad indigestion or heart burn.  Once I started taking Prilosec, life was much easier to handle.  I decided not to end taking the Vitamin D - I know I am pretty low on that vitamin, so this can only help me in other ways.

I tried to stay off any aspirin or pain medications.  That ended on Saturday as well.  I had to get two Tylenol Extra Strength to take care of the aching abdomen muscles from the Thursday workout.  I feel much better today.

As of late, I have been thinking a lot about my mother.  While grocery shopping, I thought about how mom would put together what she called "hamburger steak."  She would mix together ground sirloin with onions and an egg, then make patties out of them.  My father would fire up the grill and cook the patties.  When completed, we simply ate the grilled patties as they were with some ketchup and other veggies.  No buns and what have you and I always loved that meal.

I tried to make it using my grill pan.  Total fail!  The meat fell apart and some of it was cooked well done to still being rare.  I was completely disappointed.  I will try again, but it may be some time before I do.  Cleaning that mess is not an easy job.

I managed to get rid of some boxes in my apartment.  Making the decision that it is time to drop getting the Julep monthly box.  Also, realizing that I need to curb the shopping habit considerably - try to empty out the freezer of all foods I put in there to keep from throwing out.  Also, properly emptying out my pantry.

Since spending time with my trainer at YMCA, I decided it was time to see what I have gained.  I noticed a bit more strength when picking up the case of water bottles at the grocery store.  Carrying up groceries is still a pain, but it is getting better.  The ultimate - I actually raised a window in the apartment.  

I had tried and tried over the years to open the windows just to get sunlight and fresh air.  I could never quite sort out the deal with the window and figured I was just too weak or not standing in a good position.  Yesterday, I got the window raised.  Chloe was not fond of it because the weather was rather warm and she was hot.  I had the room fan blowing, but that did not seem good enough.  

As for Bo, he was fascinated with the window.  Normally, the blinds cover the window and he cannot see out.  Now, he could see out the window and hear sounds.  I figure that the more I can do it before the really hot weather hits, the action may actually help Bo quiet down some of the barking.

Time to get this day started.  Did not sleep too well last night and still feeling pretty exhausted from hormone changes.  Actually, I could use a serious break from everything, but it would all still be here, so I have to deal.

Tonight is meatless Monday - got a lot of good veggies to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment