Sunday, May 25, 2014

Plans Gone Awry...

I have been waiting for this weekend for a couple of weeks.  I had so many plans - stay home and clean, clean, and throw out junk and such.  Saturday was a complete bust.  Chloe would not leave me alone for even 30 seconds.  Out of frustration, I gave up and sat down on the sofa with her and she literally was not happy until she was almost on top of my head.

This is behavior that I normally see from her if there is bad weather or she is not feeling well.  I ended up taking her to the vet.  $435 later - she has high blood pressure and needs to get it lowered.  The rest of the day was spent either laying in bed or sitting on the sofa with Chloe right on top of me.  Some part of her body had to be right next to me.

I have to take a step back and look at how I am handling my budgeting.  I over pay my bills, then end up using the credit cards to pay for items.  That is turning into a vicious circle.  I do stand by paying for a meal in cash.  It is a rarity for me to use my credit card to pay for a meal.  However, I need to start creating a bit more "cush" in my budget.

That also means, nice things like cushions for the balcony furniture is going to have to wait a bit.  Also, I need to replace a floor fan in my bedroom and get another one for on the balcony.  I really want to take time to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the outside for a change.  I know the hot summer months are ahead of me, but in the mornings or evenings would be nice for the dogs and I just to sit outside and chill.  

The other day, I was on Target.com and JCP.com looking for a new quilt.  Bo was coming out from under my chair for a head scratch and that reminded me that there was no point in that.  He has a tendency to rip out the stitching on the quilts.  I killed the URL sessions, saying to myself, "No point in wasting money on that!"

This week, my trainer wanted me to put down everything I was eating that way she could see it.  I have been remiss on doing that all of the time because I was going out to eat a lot or eating those items I should not.  I have had my FitBit account for awhile, but there is a credit card attached to it, so I am a bit weary on that.  However, I set up a MyFitnessPal.com account and it connects to my FitBit account to pull the exercise and food data over to it.  Now, that was pretty cool!  I have been trying out the MyFitnessPal food diary entry system.  There are some good and bad between the two systems.  If one could combine - that would be very awesome.  However, it does not work like that. 

I am more conscious about what I put in my mouth, though.  Also, when I cook/make the foods I eat, I know exactly what went into the meal and there is no guessing involved.  I use the food scale and measuring cups/spoons a lot.  That helps.

Now, I am not sure if this is still a side effect from that monthly deal all we women experience, but it seems I have gained 5 to 6 lbs.  Next week, we shall see how much weight I drop there.  I am not going to worry about it.  Just deal with it and move along.

To help promote my personal trainer, here is a link to her personal training page on FB.  She is really cool and I have learned a lot of different exercises for building up my core:

LeAnne Hill Personal Trainer 

The most interesting of exercises, and the ones I actually like - don't tell her I said that because they are rather tricky with the balancing, are those using the bosu ball.  I kid you not!  Being an overweight woman, yes, I admit that it unnerves me to stand on that for fear that it will bust.  The ball never has.  It is all about increasing your ability to balance, which I find really cool.  I do enjoy working out with the weights.  

The part I never thought I would ever be able to do, ever again, was push ups.  I have done push ups, planks, and a type of push up where I ended up in a downward dog position.  Each one I have felt in my abdomen muscles and knew that that area was being worked.  It was a great feeling, even though I wanted to beat myself for getting so heavy.  LeAnne is a very positive person and tells me that by using my body weight, it will get easier as I lose it.  Right now, just means I have that much to deal with, but I will get stronger and it will get easier.

I need to get back to that "happy" place I was in when I was losing weight.  Perhaps that this reboot will help get back to that point.

God's Message to Me Today:

when you notice the beauty and the goodness in the world, then the evils and catastrophes, the greed and the wars will not be as overwhelming.

old fast to your faith. Believe in goodness. Believe in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment