Thursday, May 8, 2014

Leaving People on the Doorstep...

For the past few days, the following thoughts have crossed my mind:

  • Ditch those people who drain you of your energy
  • Leave toxic relationships
  • Do not chase people who leave your lives
  • People come and go
I thought long and hard about these things.  So often, I hear about true friends are the ones that are with you through the good and the bad.  So, are we trying to say that you can leave when things get rough?

I guess it reminds me of when a co-worker's daughter had an issue with a group of friends who basically taunted her that they did not want to be her friend anymore.  Reason?  There was no reason.  I agreed with my co-worker that those friends who were truly his daughter's friend would apologize...and they did.

At the same time, we do not want to get caught up in other people's drama.  I have learned to leave out the bad things in conversation, unless it has a funny ending, which everyone needs a good laugh, even if it is at my own expense.  However, others should not be expected to shoulder all of the drama in another person's life.

I figure, I have too much male hormones in my system.  When I listen, sometimes, I want to solve the problem and I need to just sit there and listen.  I am getting better about it.  I will feel badly about the other person, but I have to leave all of that on the table - it is not my responsibility.

I do have a friend where her manners scare me to no end in public.  She has other issues going on in her life and she has no qualms talking to me in a raised voice and using a lot of condescending tone.  It really does not motivate me to want to ask to go out to dinner with her.  I feel bad about it, but at the same time, good grief.

I have limited my contact with her, but at the same time, I feel bad.  It is not what a true friend should do - or is it?  How do you tell someone that you do not like their attitude without getting any sort of blow back.  Honestly, you don't.

In the Health Department...

I saw the endo yesterday.  Blood sugar was 114 and weight was 280 - a 2 lb loss from 3/27 according to their records.  Next, the blood pressure was 160/90.  When I got home, my blood pressure was much lower.  One of those things here - situations with the new position at  work and dealing with both dogs being ill is probably stressing me out or the nurse did not properly take my blood pressure.  Same nurse that scared me that my left eye was going blind - it is not.  So, I am writing that episode off - I have had enough to worry about over the past few weeks. 

God's Message to Me Today - (I will try this later today)

sometimes it helps to go to the sacred places of this Earth.

There is a lot of peace and energy there to fill you up and restore you. Go there in person, or if you cannot, in your imagination. When you get there, miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment