Saturday, February 7, 2015

Interesting Game Take-Aways...

Well, I would say that SimCity BuildIt has done the job I had intended for it to do.  Basically, get me off of FaceBook and quict investing myself into other people's drama.  I feel much better for it emotionally.

The game fascinates me in having to plan out how you build your city and getting community feedback.  The Sims will tell you when the roads need to be upgraded or if they need more parks.  All of which takes "money" that you earn as a mayor to pay to build.  

Generally, speaking, I stay in the 100% approval by all Sims.  I also found that there is a bit of difficulty in getting some things built.  Sure, I can have a certain number of factories, but if certain commodities are needed, I can only build so many at a time.

Example - A Chair:

Construction pieces:
Wood
Nails <- Have to have those constructed from iron
Hammer <- Have to have those constructed with iron and wood

Mind you - when you "build" something in a store, you have to put in a queue.  Nails take 5 minutes to construct.  A hammer takes 30 minutes to construct.  Concrete - 3 hours.

You have cargo ships to fill with needed items and have 18 hours to load them.  Also, there are various people wanting items and depending on what you have on stock, you get a certain amount of money for them.

The game provides a real look at reality.  How real life can be regarding the commodities we need and what we do to get the money and how to build.  At the same time, it is pretty frustrating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment