Sunday, February 1, 2015

Looking for New Experiences...

One of the things I love to do is try new/different restaurants, see new/interesting places, and do something different from the ordinary.  At the first of this past month, Random Cathy and I went down to the Bishop Arts area for dinner, check out my co-worker's partner's art gallery, and get a drink.  Upon the wise advice of my co-worker, we passed on getting a cider at the local cider house.  From what I have read since that visit, the cider house is not doing so well.  That is just a shame.

During the week, I received a Plano news flyer.  The flyer contained several new restaurants and such that had opened in the area.  I contacted Cathy regarding Fire Crust Pies since the article indicated vegan options.  As I looked further into the flyer, I found lots of interesting openings and happenings in the Downtown Plano area.

Downtown Plano has been undergoing a huge cultural change.  I love to visit Urban Crust.  The pizzas there are delicious.  I would like to try the smoke house that opened up down from Urban Crust as well as the Tex-Mex cantina.  

Also, while I was doing some cleaning, I came across a JoAnn's class guide.  I thought I might go through that and see what classes I could take there.  I also came across the Collin County Community College Continuing Education course flyer.  In addition to computer course, there are art classes as well as cake decorating classes.  That would be really cool.

One thing a co-worker and I used to do back before I had Bo, we would go to Whole Foods off of Preston in Richardson for vegetarian cooking classes.  That was a lot of fun.  The instructor would show how to create various meals and provide the recipes.  I still have the recipes around here.

Time to look for another experience for this coming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment