Saturday, January 31, 2015

Minor Gaming Addiction...

Christmas was a downer due to commentary I made regarding a couple going through a divorce.  The husband's new girlfriend posted under the husband's account regarding that the husband was not going to be home for Christmas (he was in jail) and the whole hate filled garbage about the wife.  Nutshell, I was tired of reading that stupid drama and posted my opinion.

Funny - you think you have the right to post your opinion and people attack you or make rude comments.  I lost a friend out of it, but upon reflection, maybe that was coming after all.  That person was not really trying to be a "friend" any longer.  Friends - you generally get together, but after two years, we had not seen one another.  I would say it was coming to an end.  Hate for that to happen, but as they say, some things come to an end for a reason and I was not going to chase it down.  It put my holiday in a rather gloomy damper.  I will say this much - the friendship helped me through a tough period in my life before and after my mother passed away and I will always appreciate that.  I have nothing bad to say - they are good people.

So, I decided to stay off FB as much as I could.  I even logged off of my account on all devices.  I did not want to deal with the pain or the hurt.  I did not want to get involved in that drama, but when people keep posting that crap, you get sick of it.  I will never get why people feel that need, but there it is.

While I dropped off FB, I got involved with playing SimCity BuildIt on my iPhone.  Oh My God!  It is so funny I am addicted to building up a city and such.  I like being able to check on where my production is and getting cargo ships loaded.  I have been trading those items I do not use for more money and expanding the landscape.  

During the past couple of weeks, I have found friends that are just as addicted to it.  It makes me laugh.  I feel much better about myself because I am not worried about other people's opinion on whatever I have to say. 

I do post on Twitter and Google+, but I do not mind people not responding.  I almost prefer that than someone degrading me due to my opinion.  Who needs that?

As I sit here, I am going to go back to updating my gaming systems.  I have decided that with my spending fast, I have a ton of games I need to pop open and play.  Time to get my gaming back up to par and practice.  Perhaps, that will help with my problem solving skills.  I usually get frustrated, but time to use this time to stop and just be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment