Saturday, February 21, 2015

Technology Frustration Update...

I finally figured out how to manually clear that one troubling transaction.  Now, I am able to keep my iPhone and PC transactions synced.  Nothing more frustrating than have that one odd transaction throwing off your balance.

As usual, I was about to post the dumb question on the "Quicken Community" when I started playing about with the program.  I noticed that I had to do the following:

  • Deleted the transaction from the PC data
  • Added the transaction back and tried to do a match via sync with on-line banking
  • Transaction still did not have an automatic match, so highlighted the transaction
  • Went to the "Edit" selection at the top of the screen, then clicked on "Transaction"
  • Selected "Reconcile" and hit "Cleared"

That did the trick.  

However, I am still keeping a careful eye on what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment