Friday, April 11, 2014

Just When I Felt All Was Lost...

It has been a crazy week.  I actually threw up my hands regarding my diet and exercise program because I was so frustrated.  Oddly enough, I got on the scale today and saw I actually lost 3 lbs.  Okay - that has reinforced me to not declare all was lost.

Chloe had extremely elevated liver values.  Apparently, the values keep creeping up more and more.  What I am frustrated with is taking her to the vet and having to pay $200-$300 for this and that blood test and not getting a reasonable diagnosis, other than "Her liver values are off the charts."  Help me figure out what I need to do and quit charging me for so much blood work.  I mean, the vet has taken so much blood from her that rather than sit there and not figure out what is wrong with my girl, I just get that her values are spiked.  For me, that is unacceptable and I am not some extremely rich woman who can just throw away money on that sort of care.

I love Chloe very much.  My mother got her in 2001 - originally, Chloe was only supposed to be fostered, but after Chloe's and my father's eyes met, my mom told me that Chloe had found her new home.  Chloe is all I have left of my own mother's love.  My mom loved Chloe very much and she depended upon me to make sure that Chloe was well taken care after she passed away.  So, going through this mess has been emotionally difficult.  What makes it even more difficult - Chloe shows no signs of pain or failure to eat and/or drink.  She is not drinking abnormally more than normal.  She shows no signs of slowing down when attempting to chase a rabbit or squirrel.  Chloe is on point to let strangers know - no getting close to my sissy without proper sniff inspection!

I am behind on my writing course.  I even skipped one assignment.  I am just not going to let that bring me down.  Just like with my diet/exercise, I am going to climb back on that horse and refocus. 

One thing I definitely need to do is really sit down and reorganize my life.  This weekend, I have a wedding to attend.  After the wedding, I think I will just sit down and make out the things I want to get accomplished in the next couple months.  While I have time to do so, it is the opportunity to take advantage of that time and get some projects completed.

I spent some time yesterday looking at the UTD college courses.  I have such a desire to go back to school, but I really want to get some stuff off the ground before tackling that.  I would feel that life was complete if I finished my degree.  Perhaps, that needs to go on my life goals.

In any case, I just need to sit down and decide what is really important to me.  I have done a lot, but there is a lot more to do.  Just need to make sure I do not deviate from that.

God's Message to Me:

everyone mistakes the limits of their vision for the limits of the world.

Have compassion for others when they cannot see what is obvious to you. Have compassion for yourself when you realize that you can see only a small part of God's vision for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment