Monday, April 28, 2014

Restart, Recharge, But Don't Overwhelm...

I took some time to evaluate what was happening in my life in regard to my weight loss or my stalling on weight loss.  I figured I overwhelmed myself with taking the writing class, got the personal trainer, and going to all of those Stars games.  I do not regret all of that, but I do regret not really thinking about the time I have to expend.

Unfortunately, the Stars lost game 6 last night.  However, even though they lost, if you look at how well they did this year considering the team has 12 players that had never even been in the playoffs, a new coach, a new general manager, and Jamie Benn's first year as captain - WOW!  They made it to the playoffs!  That is the first step - the team got a taste of what it was like.  From this point, next year, they will do even better because they will want it more.

Let's just say, I am not disappointed with the team at all.  I love them and they did a great job!  I hope they enjoy some time off, but are ready to go further next year.

Writing course will be ending next week.  I got far behind in the assignments and such, so I will probably take that course over again.  It was not terribly expensive, but I have some other things I need to clear off my plate before approaching that.

Personal trainer - LeAnne is great.  I have learned quite a few new exercises to help me build up my core.  I just need to do them more often.  It is one of those things where I know strength is important.

So, today, even though I am supposed to see my endocrinologist next week, I am going to restart what I started at the beginning of the year.  I got on the scale and it said 282.4 lbs.  I have not lost or gained any weight since 4/19.  So, I have been able to maintain. 

Therefore - my starting weight is 282.4 lbs this time.  My blood sure is high in the mornings again.  I think once I start drinking more and more water, that will come down naturally. 

I am going to look at Prevention's 28-day challenge.  Prevention is doing a challenge to do clean eating, work on getting more exercise - 2.5 hours a week, work on your strength, and provide some mental clean out.  If anyone is interested, here is the web site to check out.  prevention.com/28daychallenge  For iPhone users, get the ChallengeLoop if you want to share the challenge with your friends.  Pick up this month's Prevention magazine for more information.

I also saw this in Prevention magazine:

Try this:  Life coach Jaime Kulaga wants you to fill in the blank:

I've always wanted to ___________________________________.

then use these three tipsto yes, do it

1.  Free Up Space  Log each half hour's activity for 3 days.  Ditch time wasters and set boundaries with people who drainyou.

2.  Start With 20  Reserving just 20 minutes a day for that life project equals major progress in the long term.

3.  Relish It  The point is not to cross something off your to-do list.  It's to tap a joy.  If the process fulfills you, you're already there.

God's Message To Me:

nothing is exciting if you know what the outcome is going to be.

You keep wanting to know how things will play out, keep asking to see the future. God doesn't give anyone the power to know the future, because life becomes maddeningly boring when you know everything upfront. So, instead of struggling, enjoy the uncertainty - to be alive means to not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment