Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Proof I Am Still a Nerd...

For the past week, I have been watching The Big Bang Theory from season one to six.  It is so funny, but it also makes me long for the days when I was in college.  As quirky as Sheldon Cooper is, I met so many people like him.

Last Friday, I bought a couple of video games.  I thought about how I had the game consoles and had not used them in awhile.  Working the strategy might release some tension.

I am trying to get myself back to walking in place.  I have been so horrible about getting back on my exercise routine.  I still see the personal trainer twice a week.  This past Tuesday, I did a lot of different exercises that worked on my core.  Unfortunately, my right hamstring kept hurting that evening and finally worked itself out after walking around a bit this morning.

I wonder if that is part of my problem.  I started slacking off on the walking in place after I started seeing the trainer.  Not sure why I am doing that.  I need to make it a point to do the walking in place or at least, walk somewhere.  I know I have been sore quite a bit each time I have been working out.  I just need to get it in a routine and do it more often.  Maybe that will work itself out.

I will say that since I have switched groups, I have thoroughly enjoyed the reduction of work stress in my life.  It is so good not to worry about someone calling or paging me about work.  It is such a relief.

Another cool thing - I have tickets to see NIN/Sound Garden, Eddie Izzard, and Fleetwood Mac - the line-up from 1975 to 1996.  I am so excited to see Christine McVie.  I loved her and Stevie Nicks.  I cannot wait!  I am still debating to see Sarah MacLachlan.  I really want to see her.  I saw her in 2004 and she put on an amazing show.  In fact, I cried through most of it as the songs really touched me.  I may check tomorrow to see what the ticket situation is for that show.

Time to deal with the laundry and dishes!

God's Message to Me:

you can get through a bad day.

When you're having a bad day, you have a choice. You can complain and gripe and dwell on the misery, or you can let go of it and look for the good, and maybe, just maybe, even laugh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment