Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sometimes, You Skin Your Knees...

Getting back on doing the shakes for breakfast/lunch this week.  The whole process has its ups and downs.  I still feel hungry and have a tendency to want to eat more than I should.  I know it will take some time to get over this feeling and I just need to fight through it.

Last night, I saw my personal trainer.  I had weighed on Monday and compared it to what I weighed back in March when I started.  I had only lost .6 lbs.  LOL  However, the point I made was that I had slacked off from doing the cardio (walking) as I should be doing.  I explained that there were some instances that have started to remotivate me:
  • Starting Prevention's 28- Day Challenge for Clean Eating and Etc.
  • Not really enjoying eating; not finding foods that I find satisfying
  • Many activities are wrapping up and disengaging those situations that drain me
I explained that Monday night's meal was meatless - all veggies.  Last night, I reheated leftover jambalaya and prepared a small salad for dinner.  That was delicious and filling.  That is sort of where I am trying to head with the eating - something that tastes really good and is satisfying.

I ended up doing a couple of full body exercises.  I did manage to do 24 minutes of walking on the treadmill, but had to pull back a bit due to some back pain.  When I left, my legs felt like they were about to give out on me any minute.  What a weird feeling!

This morning, legs are sore, but not so sore that they hurt terribly.  So, while I am at work, I am going to try to walk around the parking lot for about 30 minutes.  That way, I get some cardio in my routine.  The day seems really pretty, so why let it go by the wayside - time to go out and enjoy it.

Time to put together my fruit and cheese container for work - if I am going to snack, I need to make it healthy.

God's Message to Me Today:

when you strike out, you always strike in.

Any weapon you use to strike, - clenched hand, angry voice, closed heart withholding love, - is double-sided with one edge always cutting deep into yourself. Sometimes a weapon is necessary, but use it wisely, - and remember that the cost of using one are your own wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment