Saturday, April 5, 2014

Taking a Moment to Drink It All In...

Yesterday, a co-worker came to me and told me how wonderful it was to see me so happy.  It had been so long since she had seen me so happy.  She figured it had to be with the changes I was making in my life. 

I thought it was really nice of her to notice.  I had realized this past weekend, I had such a HUGE load taken off my shoulders.  I realized I spent some of that time either going over my writing workshop lessons or watching The Big Bang Theory.  I laughed a lot.  It was good to laugh and smile, rather than feeling broken down and sad.  To be perfectly honest, after the incident with my PCP, I was starting to go down that dark tunnel again.  However, once all was straightened out, I started feeling better.

Right now, I am just savoring these moments.  I can actually plan to do things and not feel obligated with other garbage.

I have gained a few pounds according to the scale.  Actually, since last Saturday morning, I have only gained 8 ounces.  Oddly enough, I was able to keep myself off the scale for the week, rather than getting on it every day to bemoan the highs and lows of the numbers.  Today, I plan on going to Joann's and getting a tape measure.  I am going to measure myself and keep track of those numbers.  I would imagine my body is going through a lot of different changes.

Last night, as I walked the dogs, I realized the jeans I was wearing fit a little loose and felt baggy in the back.  I continued to walk and feel good about that.  I have been able to wear a few shirts that I was never able to wear because the shirts were too tight around my stomach.  Now, the shirts are loose and I feel great about that.

I need to regain my determination towards movement, though.  I have noticed that I am falling back into that bad habit.  I must do my 30 to 45 minutes of cardio each day.  It is really important - it was what started me going in the first place.

I also need to get back on my drinking a gallon of water each day.  That way, the water helps to flush out the bad stuff in my system.

I have found myself picking up another habit.  In the mornings and afternoons, I enjoy a hot cup of tea with about 1/2 tbsp of honey.  In the mornings, I drink Twinings' Breakfast Tea and the afternoons, I drink Earl Grey.  Something about a hot cup of tea is rather calming and comforting.  I have been considering getting an electric kettle for making tea and such.  I am not happy with the kettle I have on the stove. I always worry about it rusting.

Today, after doing some quick shopping, I am going to catch up on my writing course.  I am a few lessons behind, so I am going to try to catch up on that.  Tomorrow, I will just take it easy.

God's Message To Me Today:

you were not created to remain within the confines of a building.

There is a whole big beautiful world that was created for you. Go forth into it! Humans were not made to be indoor creatures; nature is our true playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment