Tuesday, October 14, 2014

False Representations...

After my high school reunion, I was on the phone talking with someone I had graduated with and attended the reunion.  The person started going on about how people were wearing cowboy boots and such as if they had always worn them.  In a nutshell, these people were "fake" because they were wearing western wear at the reunion.

While I usually blow off that sort of thing, I started thinking.  How "real" is everyone?  I mean, just because you wear a certain style of clothing for one night does not make you "fake".  That is not what I am talking about in regards to being "real".  How much are you being your true self?

One girl may look sincere and sweet from afar, but when you actually talk to her, read her, or get her true vibe, she is very fake.  Another one is the person what treats you like you are close friends, but the honest truth is you never see one another, so how can you truly be "close?"

More and more, I find myself seeing through the garbage and feeling the vibes.  Sometimes, it can be a real downer, but the truth - I would rather know the honest side, rather than the, well, bullshit.  If you would rather have nothing to do with me, then go your own way and I will go mine.  It is a huge world out there.

I suppose on the other end of that spectrum are those who feel they were close friends, but one side drops away suddenly.  I have this one friend who constantly tries to make me feel that we are close - maybe because I had a huge crush back in high school or whatever.  However, I only see this person every once in awhile.  The honest truth, after high school, I realized there was that "fakeness" in the friendship.  Tons of promises that never got realized or told of being invited to things that never materialized. 

I take everything and everyone at face value.  However, I have learned to hone in on my gut feeling.  Unfortunately, it is never wrong.  If I get a bad vibe, I am pretty much right.  Sometimes, it is best to leave well enough alone.  I need to hone into that more often.

So, just because someone decides to wear western wear one night may not make them a "cowboy/cowgirl", but their true selves could be very well on display.  You have just have to see through the superficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment