Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Health Update...

This week, I visited the endocrinologist's office for my 3 month check-up.  As I suspected, my A1C and weight were up from my last check up.  I went in there knowing that my system was not in the right mode and had already accepted the responsibilities for my actions.

What now?  Well, I am in week 2 of drinking hunger shakes for breakfast and lunch, then having healthy snacks and dinner.  This week was a bit easier when I baked chicken.  The left overs helped with the calorie counts and such. 

I have been working on trying to fit in more exercise as I can.  Last night, I got to the arena early for the hockey game and walked the concourse about 3 times.  Whew!  I was actually sweating when I got to my seat.  I really should get there earlier and walk it about 4 to 6 times without so many people around there.  Today, there will be no game, so I may start binge watching TV shows where I can walk in place in front of the TV.  I have to get the weight off.

What I find fascinating is everyone with all of their tips on losing weight.  What I should and should not eat.  Unfortunately, if you state a particular food is forbidden, I start to crave it.  I wish people would stop with forbidden foods.  If you are allergic, I understand.  However, I want to feel that moderation is the key.  It is okay to have a "regular" sandwich as long as I accept the calorie and carb counts for that meal.  Heck - I had a small hamburger for a snack on Saturday because I was experiencing a low blood sugar drop.  It was not terribly horrible for me to have and I got the craving for a burger out of my system.

I told the endo of my back problems.  I will start to work out and my back will start this sharp, pinching pain.  I can sit down and that relieves the pain.  It is horribly annoying because I want to get the weight off.  My endo suggested that rather than doing free weights, I need to start using the machines for back support.  His belief was that if I continue to workout with back pain, I will end up injuring my back and not be able to work out.  I do that, I will gain weight.  I had already proven - with diet and exercise, I lost weight and my health improved.

At this point, time to work on my game plan and keep looking towards the light.  Maybe this ugly ducking can be a beautiful swan some day.

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you will blossom.

A flower starts deep under the dirt and has to fight against gravity in the darkness before finally breaking free and opening its bloom to the sun. You may feel like you're in darkness and everything around you is muddy, but keep pushing toward the Light and when the time is right, you will burst into blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment