Monday, October 13, 2014

The Time is NOW!!!

For the past few months, it has been "I need to get back on the wagon."  "I know I have not been doing my part." and so forth.  Well, now, I need to take charge of my life.  I realized how crazy life has been the past few months and now, I need to change it to where it benefits me - not kill me.

The reunion planning is over and all other fall out from that, I am going to have to pass on worrying over it.  I do plan on doing something a bit different this week regarding the reunion, but I will post about that "after" I do it.

This weekend, I slept as much as I could possibly get sleep.  Basically, I wasted a perfectly good weekend that I should have used for cleaning the apartment to catch up on energy and sleep.  I feel better today.  Apparently, my body was craving the rest.  Granted, the apartment looks like hell, I will sit down and sort out my cleaning attack plan for the next few weeks.

When I went grocery shopping, I only bought a few things, even though it was over $120.  That part amazes me, but a majority of the groceries was fruit and veggies.  That is a bummer, but then again, I was at the regular grocery store and not Sprouts.  I usually get a better deal there.

Back on track, I am going to get myself back onto what I was doing at the first of the year.  I will do the Glucerna shakes twice a day, breakfast and lunch, then eat something healthy for snacks and dinner.  I decided to make goulash for dinner tonight, a comfort food that my mom would make, and have it for dinner for the next few days.  I also bought various salads, so that I could have salad with the meal.  I found that I buy too many items at the grocery store and so much stuff would simply just ruin.  It was better to buy a few items and see where I land.  It really made me mad to waste so much food.

The other part where I need to reach out and grab it is to exercise.  I know I joined the "Million Step Challenge", but I have not really been reaching my potential.  Rather than sitting in front of the computer, what I need to do is turn on the TV and do my steps as I had earlier this year.  I watched the BBC drama MI-5, which was quite interesting and I got caught up on all of my The Big Bang Theory.  I have on Netflix to watch North and South, Robin Hood (BBC version), Dr. Who, and various other shows.  (Anyone who is a Richard Armitage fan will notice the trend here.  If only...*sigh*)

I found that by doing the steps in front of the TV, not only did I get about 3000+ steps done, I was reaching my goals for increasing my pulse in a healthy way.  So, time to get that back on track as well.

I need to be more conscious of the time I spend.  I invested in season tickets to the Dallas Stars hockey games.  I know one way to incorporate some exercise there is to walk the concourse - twice.  I just have to get there two hours in advance of the game.  This Saturday will prove that theory will work.  Also, I have promised myself that I can have cinnamon roasted nuts at least once a month.  I love those roasted nuts there and if I have them at every game, everything I worked for will be out the window.

Another way I need to be conscious of the time I spend is people who want me to go out with them.  There are some friends I can depend upon for going out when they say "Let's go out" and have no issues.  For example, my time with Random Cathy.  Going out and getting a mani/pedi, then a hot tea/coffee or even having lunch/dinner is actually a time when I love coming home and feeling energized.  I hope the same is true for Cathy.  However, I have friends where their conversation and such just drain me.  Even worse, they say, "Hey, let's have dinner on Friday night." and I never hear from them until I call them and they say "Oh, it just is not working out."  That is just rude - at least, call earlier in the day so that I can make other plans.  I really do not wish to spend more time with that sort of thing as it is wasting my time.

Time to get the day started...hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment