Monday, October 6, 2014

Taking Charge of My Life...

Now, it is the time to take life by the reins and pull.  Meaning - those activities that were put off to the side have now come to take precedence.  That is not a bad thing.  In fact, it is a well received welcomed breath of fresh air.

I won't worry any longer; just go with the flow.  

The class reunion is now in the books and was a huge success.  I was very happy that the event was so well received.  There were a few nagging issues that occurred, but you know, in the end, there is always some negativity.  I got a bit sucked into it.  Upon reflection, the proper way to handle it is to blow it off and move along.  People do not change unless they really want to change.  Snarky remarks would always be part of their persona and going to their level only makes you look as bad as they do.  The best thing to do is leave well enough alone and allow people to see that sort of thing as it is.

The committee spent a lot of time debating every aspect of the reunion.  In the end, it was all for making sure that the event was one that classmates would never forget.  For that, I am extremely proud.  I know they tell me I did a lot with trying to round up people, but I wish I were more crafty and innovative.  I am extremely humbled that those group of people wanted me as part of their team.  That meant a lot to me.  They could have asked someone else, but they asked me.  That was why I was always trying hard.  Trying hard to prove that I would answer the call when needed.

At this point, I am ready to get back on track with what I need to be doing to help me change the things I need to change.  I do not think the "Least Changed" award will help, but I did laugh at that.  :-)

We shall see how well I do...


No comments:

Post a Comment