Saturday, September 12, 2015

Not Being Completely Electronic/Paperless...

One would think that with as many electronic gadgets to my disposal, I would be pretty much paperless.  Not necessarily.

Each year, I order an organizer or "Master Agenda" from Levenger.  I used to get something similar at Container Store for many years, but I really like the Levenger "Master Agenda" format.  I use it to write down all appointments and such.  I feel I have to have a hard back up copy of anything electronic.  I have been down the path of lost data too many times.

I have been keeping up with Jeff Sander's The 5AM Miracle podcast.  He has provided many suggestions for electronic calendars and such, but I have not really had time to invest in them.  If they cost money to sign up for use, then forget it.  I am cheap - there are plenty of apps out there that can do the job for free, if pushed.

I think for myself and many others, this is one traditional habit that is difficult to break.  While I am about to buy another for 2016, I will say this much, I have actually used the Levenger "Master Agenda" all year.  There have been a couple of weeks I have skipped, but not like other years with different agenda products (where I went months, then dropped the product).

Maybe, at some point, I will sort out the best electronic agenda for my needs.  The Calendar on the iPhone is okay, but I need a bit more.  I will say, I have pretty much gone paperless for my bills and checking account.  I still have some issues with Quicken having sync-ing issues, but I can rectify those by reloading the cloud data.  At this point, I am doing a lot better on handling my budget using that application.  It will be just a matter of time to sort out the agenda and calendar pieces.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying Jeff too, but I'm with you on the paper planner. I like everything about it. Tactle. Color. Drawing arrows from this to that. Crossing stuff off! My calendar and work tasking is electronic because is easier coordination with the people in my office but all my personal to do stuff is paper and I enjoy it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete