Monday, September 7, 2015

The World Does Not Stop When You Can't Go...

Not really sure where to begin with this.  It seems like a huge comedy of errors, but it is true.  I find myself in a situation where I planned how to spend my Labor Day weekend and not able to do any of it!  What the heck!

I have been seeing a physical therapist for my back/glute/hamstring issues.  Some times, I can come out of PT feeling okay and other times, I feel worse than before I entered the door.  I realize that it is a process.

On Wednesday night, I noticed that my right knee was a bit stiff.  Thursday morning, it was pretty stiff and hurting.  I went to PT and told the therapist that my knee was bothering me.  I did the exercises, then walked out.  When I went to dinner, I began to notice that my knee was really giving me fits.  I should not have followed my friend to her car because it was the long way around and my car was closer.

Friday, the knee was really beginning to scream.  Getting up and hobbling around was a chore and let's not even talk about walking the dogs.

Saturday - the really worst.  I ended up at CareNow to see if anything could be done.  As I figured, nothing can be done.  Sure - put your leg up and ice it.  Hello - I have things I need to get done!  Argh!  

I am so frustrated with my body right now.  I have difficulty losing weight, sleeping, and now this crap.  Grrrrr.

But you know, life does not stop just because you cannot move around.  Dogs must be walked.  Have to get meds, gas, and food.  I had a pity party on Saturday night for about 10 minutes, then said, "Time to suck it up."

I hobble around to get stuff done.  I wear out on the dog walks and the dogs are never happy about that, but I get the job done.  By the time, I get back to the apartment, I thank God for getting me through it and air conditioning.  (Believe me, I am drenched in sweat and not smelling my best.  The cool air is a blessing once I feel it on my skin.)

I will probably work from home the rest of this week.  That way, I can keep an ice pack on my knee until I can get some weight on it.  Not sure about going to PT because there is no way I can stand on one leg for 30 seconds, do squats, or stretch hip flexors.

I would just like to lose some weight, be able to walk normally with no pain, and be active enough to have some fun.  I suppose I am asking for too much.  I wonder what it will take to get back to where I was in 2014 - when I was able to exercise and eat properly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment