Saturday, September 12, 2015

Physically - How Am I Doing?

If I were to answer that question today, I would say I was much better this week than last week.  My knee still hurts from time to time, but it is starting to stabilize and that is important.  The pain in my back will start up, but a lot of time, that is because I need to make sure I am properly balancing my entire weight between both legs.

I get frustrated with the various set backs, but I have to realize that this is part of life.  Not everything is the "happy path", as taught by a friend of mine regarding Java programming.  There will always be bumps in the road.

Since seeing the doctor this Tuesday, I have seen some really cool informational postings and classes regarding healthy weight loss.  Right now, I am trying to pay off a couple of credit cards.  Once those are done, I will check with my insurance to see if they will pay for the nutritional courses.  I figure that is one area I could use a bit more help.

As for the activity piece, that will just have to be one day at a time.  As I said to a friend of mine last night, patience is one thing that I have lost - I really do not have any.  I need to be more patient with myself and work harder on getting weight off my frame.  The set backs are going to happen and I need to roll with the punches.

I will ask my new PCP for more information - that never hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment