Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Frustration With Diets and Doctor's Visits...

Throughout this whole ordeal of physical set backs, I am not losing any weight.  In fact, I have gained some.  Lately, I do not even want to try to cook.  Having pain while standing is a huge deterrent.

I have put thought into this whole mess.  I stress myself out over losing weight.  In July, I did the shake diet for two weeks, then tried eating healthy food for another two weeks.  It was not working so well because I was not able to walk much due to pain.  

Rather than continue to complain, I went to the doctor.  I had bloodwork done that scared me - results were indicating kidney failure.  Had the the blood work redone and the kidney values showed a lot of improvement.  However, the ordeal was scary.

Doctor prescribed physical therapy for my back, glutes, and quad muscles.  Slowly, but surely, I started noticing less pain.  Then, *BOOM*, I messed up my right knee in a co-worker's truck due to slick floor mats.  

It is pretty frustrating.  Just when you think you are getting to the point to start moderate exercise, another set back.

I have heard of many suggesting weight loss surgery.  Granted, there are so many bonuses, but if I can lose weight with healthier eating and exercise, then I should do that.  I know people where the surgery made no difference or even worse.

So, I decided, I have a month before seeing my endo for an update on my A1C and so forth.  Fine, the weight went up - QUIT STRESSING OVER IT!!!  That right there is making the blood sugar worse.  Also, quit thinking you can drop 5 lbs right before and all will be well.  That is not going to happen.

Time to make lifestyle changes.  Do not deny yourself, but then again, choose to eat foods that are healthy 80% of the time.  Treat yourself occasionally - quit thinking of food being bad.  No food is bad unless you do not care for it.  Food is food.

I will make this my starting point.  Measure my food and work the plate division.  This will help with properly cutting back and ending the overeating.  The boredom and stress eating will have to noted and deal with the feelings that start it.

I know that this can be done and I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment