Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Coffee Kind of Day...

Decided that today was a "Coffee" kind of day.  Just sounded really good after the past few days.

Yesterday, I went to see the endo for my 3 month check up.  I had decided before going in that what is was what it is.  I just was not going to worry about weight gain, blood sugar value rise, high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, and pretty much all of it.  

What would be the point?  I freak out over this crap and my blood pressure rises and I get pretty damn tired of hearing about my weight.  I KNOW!!!  However, one cannot do much when a person's back and knee are having physical issues.  I can eat less, but even that is not working too well.

So, I gave it to God and let him handle it.

What happened?  A1C was down by 0.4 points.  Blood pressure was normal.  Other blood measurements were good, except for the good cholesterol, which should be higher.  In the end, they did not say much about my weight, but wanted to work on my morning blood sugar numbers, which are always high.

I get it - my liver generates sugar while I sleep.  Apparently, that organ is pretty active when I am trying sleep.  So, I go to bed with blood sugar at 134 and get up the next morning with blood sugar at 153.  It is annoying, but that day, I did not want to eat anything after dinner, so that I had a good fast for the blood analysis.  Go figure.

Endo and educator will put me on different insulin.  It is one I have seen advertised in Diabetic Living, Prevention, and seen on TV commercials on TV Land network.  It is called Toujeo.  It is made by the same pharmacutical company that makes Lantus.  This insulin is supposed to be better at being long lasting and hold down blood sugar spikes.

I have already signed up for the product savings card.  Apparently, the co-pay is supposed to be $30.  It will be interesting to see how that holds up during the time where I have to pay full price for medications before I meet my deductible.  This year, I took the "Gold" level for medical coverage.  It will cost more, but my deductible will be lower and it will be more 90/10.

 I did submit a piece for Oral Fixation's next show, Too Many Cooks.  Again, if I am not selected, it won't be a bad thing.  I tried and that is where I will leave it.

Hoping that for the rest of the week, I can get some of the things I wanted to get done last week done.  I feel so helpless.  I get angry over not being able to do what I want due to physical restrictions.  I just pray that my knee and back get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment