Friday, October 16, 2015

Illness and Chronic Pain...

Apparently, I have picked up some sort of stomach bug.  I was not feeling really well yesterday morning, but around 3 PM, I was really not feeling well for several hours.  I did not feel comfortable going anywhere - the best place was to stay in bed because I was closer to the bathroom.

You never know when these things will hit or even why.  I think that is the part that bothers me the most - why?  What caused this?  How could I better protect myself?  Bottom line, it just happens and you have to let the virus run its course.  Unfortunately, that really bothers me because it only brings me down.  I realize I had scheduled yesterday to be a rest day, but I had not envisioned having to deal with this.

My back and knee are still smarting over my recent activities.  I made the right decision not to see one of my favorite bands, Garbage.  A friend went to the show and I posted I would be there, but I knew my back would not have handled standing room only.  Response was that I should wear cushy shoes.

That is basically all I do wear.  I shook my head.  It is okay, but I get those memes about how people do not understand the pain you cannot see.  No one can see the pain, let alone feel it.  I think you do not get it until you have gone through it.  I know when I was a child I never understood why my mom was always so sick.  You cannot see it or feel it, so everything looks normal.  The reality is - it is not normal.

Maybe, later today, my system will return to normal and my back pain and such would be better.  I know I have gotten several suggestions on what I should do about the back and knee.  I am going to the doctor and I was doing PT.  I need to head back to PT, but if I can relapse on the pain, maybe PT is not working.

I really do not know.  I just know that the whole situation is depressing me.  I try to stay positive outside of the apartment, but when I am alone, things seem to deteriorate.  However, I keep trudging along because there has to be a time where it will get better.  I just have to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment