Sunday, October 18, 2015

Why Am I Looking?

One of my wish list items is to be able to buy a house.  When I was in Van Alstyne last weekend, I thought, "Wow - this would be a nice place to live."  It reminds me of when I lived in Crowley - there was hardly anything in the area.

I found a house on-line, but I cannot afford it and it is a compromise of what I really want.  I know most people would think I am crazy for wanting a 4 bedroom house.  My deal is that I want into a house and I will never move again.  I want it to be "just right."  Besides, I cannot even see why the house is worth that much.  

One thing I keep reminding myself is that the pictures do not show the whole story.  Considering I am older than most first time home buyers, I want to get a newer home, in order to keep some of the guarantees.  I would love to get a brand new home, but unless something changes for the positive, I cannot afford that.

Buying a house is such a huge investment.  However, the gains are so worth it:  The dogs have a yard, some place where I can really call home, no more rising rent payments, and just the stability.  I will say, getting a place with a yard for the dogs is foremost.  As you can tell, I have put them before myself, again.  

It is one of the things I have also wondered.  I travel to Arlington, TX for Chloe's medical care.  I move to Van Alstyne and it is just that much further to drive.  If I could work from home all of the time, living there may not be so bad, but my friends probably would not want to travel up there to see me.  On the other hand, my gambling friends might take advantage of that to stay overnight to go to Choctaw.

I was looking in Prosper and Little Elm, but it is so hard.  I know the first thing is to get the whole financial picture in order.  Everything takes money.  I just need to sit down and think all of this through with someone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment