Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Getting Some Things Done...

I took a week and half off from work.  Mainly because I need to burn my vacation time before I lose it at the end of the year.  Also, I had wanted to get a lot of stuff done.  Unfortunately, my back and knee are interfering with my goals.

I have managed to whittle down the plastic ware that needs to be cleaned.  Now, I need to figure out where to stash it.  I am also working on my laundry issues.  I just wish my knee and back would cooperate.  It would make getting these chores done much easier.

I feel awful for having to sit down and rest every so often, but the pain can be so great that I have to just get that little bit of rest to encourage myself to move forward.

One thing I have been doing is working on backing up my various systems.  What I like to do is get one huge snapshot of my system, then have delta backups created each night while I sleep.  This way, any files that have changed are getting backed up each day.

I have ideas of setting up my own server and getting SVN (Subversion - code control software) set up and work on using that to save my homework projects and such.  This way, I get more practice on how to manage it.  Also, I want to set up my own web site.  I noticed today, I am still getting charged yearly for a web site and email address for Yahoo.  I feel I can change that.

In order to get all of this done, I need to purchase faster system parts, so that will take some time.  In the meantime, I really need to work on my "office" in the apartment.  It should be the place where I do a lot of my creative stuff.  My hope is to clear out a lot of the clutter around here.  I would like to get a server set up to run a lot of stuff and help me with learning and getting better at things I do at work.  Maybe even encourage me to get back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment