Sunday, January 10, 2016

All Partied Out...

Last night, I went to a "Post Holiday" party.  For whatever reason, my energy level is really, really low.  However, I got cleaned up and dressed to go to the party.  

This is the third time I have attended this party that my friend and his partner have given.  There is always a lot of really great food and very interesting guests.  A few of my co-workers were there as well, so it gave us an opportunity to talk and such.

I got there about 8 PM and grabbed some food.  My co-worker, Yvonne, made her spring rolls.  I LOVE her shrimp spring rolls - seriously!  She makes them with fresh ingredients and they are really yummy.  I also love her peanut sauce.  It is not too sweet or spicy - just perfect.  I was not the only one going on about Yvonne's spring rolls, either.  I try to tell Yvonne she needs to make them more often.  

I think Yvonne felt a lot better about her spring rolls at this party than the last party.  She got really upset when one of the guests tore apart the roll just to get to the shrimp.  I tried to make her feel better by saying that the guest had no manners, but it still upset her.  This time, I do not think she concentrated on that, but was more into having a good conversation with friends.

We gathered in the sitting room and talked about stuff going on around us and at work.  It was really nice to just take a breather.  However, I felt horribly about Arnold as he was spending all of his time in the kitchen.  I will say this, I seriously believe that everyone knew to go into the kitchen first to say "Hello" to him and do most of their talking.  The kitchen was packed with people.  I felt that was really where the party was.

Getting close to 10 PM, someone mentioned that the party was from 7 PM to 10 PM.  One gentleman had chosen a recliner and had already fallen asleep before 10 PM.  Oddly enough, I was beginning to yawn and feel rather tired myself.

My friend, CAT, and I left a little after 10 PM, but not without saying goodbye to Arnold.  By the time CAT dropped me off at my apartment and I got the dogs walked, I was ready for bed.  In fact, since I had not really eaten a whole lot at the party, I was going to run by Whataburger and get something to eat.  While waiting for the dogs to finish eating their dinner and messing about, I fell asleep while sitting at the dining room table.  When I woke up, I announced "I'm going to bed!".  Did not take much for Chloe to get up and follow me to the bedroom - she was ready for bed.  Bo eventually sauntered into the bedroom and wanted up on the bed with everyone.

By the time everyone was in bed, I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.  What is funny is that I only had about 8 oz of coca cola and no alcohol - usually, if I drink, I get that sort of sleepy.  I must have been really exhausted.

So, I figure that this will be the last party for awhile.  I am sure there will be Superbowl parties, but that is not until February.  I am starting to show signs of aging.  I just cannot do those all-nighters like I used to do.  Thank goodness I no longer work like I did for almost 17 years.  I am so tired of pulling those all-nighters.  At this point in my life, my body just does not recover from that as easily as it used to do.  For that, I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment