Sunday, January 31, 2016

Future Planning...

As mentioned in an earlier post, this year will be a better year than last year where the company bonus is concerned.  I am hoping our team will get the additional 6.5% added.  I know it does not seem like much, but every little bit helps.

My goal is to use that money to replenish the dogs' vet account.  I was quite thankful I started that last year.  Rather than running up credit card bills, all of the vet visits were primarily paid from this account.  It is still an expense, but not one that is collecting interest, so in the long run, that is saving me money.

The next piece is making sure that I can start paying down the last few credit cards.  Once I can get that down, maybe getting a house is within sight.  That is something I really want - a house for the dogs and me.  That way, the dogs can go outside and do their thing without me being there and I can watch over them.

I just have to remember:  Be cautious and do not hurry into anything.  Some people want to rush me into a house before I am ready.  The problem is that they do not have to pay and so forth.  My hope is that these people start understanding - the money will be slow to collect as long as I have medical issues.  It is so easy for people to go on-line and look for a house for someone when they are not the one paying.  I appreciate the thought, but at the same time, I have to take pause and look at the price.  

Watching the various shows, such as "Property Brothers", "House Hunters", and so forth on HGTV, has helped me realize a few things.  Do I really want a house that is not what I want or is remodeling something I want to do?  A lot that I need to consider.

I know that buying a house is a gamble, but with any gamble one makes, you have to consider the odds and make sure you make the wisest choice possible.  

So - I will be the turtle and be slow about doing this business.  I just want to make sure I make the best choice possible.  It will probably be the last time I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment