Sunday, May 22, 2016

Getting the Best Deal...

Earlier this week, a co-worker was having his 15 year service anniversary luncheon.  During a discussion with another co-worker on our way back to work, I mentioned about getting a pair of Skechers slide-on shoes.  I had pointed out the closest Skechers retail store off the freeway.  My co-worker/friend acknowledged the store, then said, "I could go here rather than the outlet store off of Stacy Road in Allen."  At that point, I made the comment stating that I had not been fortunate enough to find anything at the outlet stores that I liked or was even less than what was sold in the stores.  My friend agreed.  My biggest gripe was that the Coach outlet usually carried those items that did not sell well.  I never found any of the purses I really liked, so I ended up paying retail prices for what I wanted.  It was rather disappointing.

This Saturday, after paying the bills and sorting out my budget, I decided to give the outlet mall another chance.  I headed to Stacy Road and it took awhile to find the Skechers outlet store.  Upon my entrance, I noticed that the Coach store had relocated and was displaying another 20% off all sales in the store.  I figured I might go in and see if there was anything that would interest me.  First, I needed to locate the Skechers store - that was why I was there.

I ended up having to drive to the other end of the outlet mall to get to the Skechers store.  When I went inside, there were plenty of shoes, but people were constantly bumping into me or making me move.  It was a difficult time just trying to look for what I wanted.  

I wanted Skechers because they provided a wide width shoe.  I found slip-on shoes that I wanted, but had a very difficult time locating the size I needed.  One of the reasons I hate shoe shopping at those places - cannot locate what you need.

It became apparent that the wide widths were out of stock.  I may go to a regular store and check that out next time.  However, the buy one and get one 50% off was a decent enough deal.  I ended up leaving the store with three pairs of shoes.  Two for me to wear out and about and one pair to leave outside my apartment door for walking the dogs.  I do that, so that I do not track in anything gross.  With that experience, I walked out of there thinking - You may not want to do this again.  You might be better off going to the actual retail store for such shoes.  

Next was the trip to look into Coach.  As I walked into the store, I noticed the cute satchel like purses I had wanted to buy not too long ago.  I just could not justify the $298 price tag.  However, the purses were now on sale for $129 and an additional 20% off.  Well, that is a price one cannot overlook.  I picked up one in black and another in a pretty blue.  I was able to get a matching blue wallet for a low price as well.

For once, I finally got a great deal at the Coach outlet.  The trip into Coach also helped me realize that the two totes I got from Dillard's needed to be returned.  During the week, I had tried one and unfortunately, my back could not handle the bulky tote.  Also, I could not easily put the tote into my desk and I ended up having to leave it out.  The only thing that closes the tote is a single snap.  I thought - it is really cute, but quite honestly, it is not working out for me.  So rather than continuing to pay for them, I will return them and that money can go for paying off the two Coach purses I bought.

So, sometime this week, I will be returning the two totes I purchased.  I still  have the box that Dillard's sent to me, so I can use that.  Some time today, I will run by Office Depot for some graphing paper, so I will pick up some tape and so forth for that effort.

What a surprise!  I found a purse that I really wanted in the outlet for once.  Furthermore, I got a great deal on it as well.  Perhaps, there is some hope there.

No comments:

Post a Comment