Sunday, May 1, 2016

More Tech Joy...

People have been telling me that they have issues when they call me on my cell phone and I use my Plantronics ear piece.  So yesterday, I picked up an LG headset.  I am going to try that out, but the around the neck is a bit tight.  I am going to see if the second set of stabilizers will fix that issue.

I also picked up a new set of iPhone ear buds that will allow me to talk on the phone.  I seem to have lost my original set, but it was time to get a new pair after frequent use.  However, while I was there, I came across something I just had to have.

In all fairness, last year, I bought a Bose Soundlink color portable speaker.  I absolutely love that speaker.  Granted, it stays in my bathroom, but that is because I enjoy streaming the radio and listening.  So, while I was at Best Buy, I thought to look at another speaker.  I recently got a subscription to Audible because I enjoy reading, but sometimes, I enjoy someone reading to me.  I could have bought another speaker, but I decided to get another speaker.  This Bose speaker allows me to stream Audible and other programs.  However, I can also use it to answer phone calls.  If I am lying in bed or in the bedroom doing something, this can come in very handy.

I hope to say more about it later in the week when I have experimented with the speaker more.

During the week, my current monitor finally bit the dust.  It would refuse to start properly.  I had been having issues with it for several months, but now, it was just done.

I put in its place an old 19" monitor I had.  It is a nice monitor, but I like using it with my Linux system.  However, I have the 32" Samsung TV that I gave to my father a few Christmas holidays ago.  Since he is no longer living at the old house, he had no room for it where he is living now.  I am considering setting that up for use as a monitor.  Now, the really cool thing is that I could get the KVM set up I have between my personal laptop and the work laptop connected to one port.  Next, I can connect up the Raspberry PI to another port.  

If this works out as I think it should, this will be really awesome.  I will have a huge display area to work with as well as keeping three PCs connected at one time.  I am scheduled to take vacation after this week.  I have a lot of things I need to get done around the apartment and that will be one, if I do not get it done this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment