Sunday, May 15, 2016

Make Up - Charlotte Tilbury...

Awhile back, I saw an advertisement on different looks created by Charlotte Tilbury.  I was curious, so I selected "Uptown Girl" kit.  I tried it back in December, but I cannot remember for sure how it came off or not.  I think my mind was elsewhere at the time.

However, it was time to go to another gathering.  I thought about putting on make up.  The weather was cooler than usual for May.  Also, there was no humidity.  When I attended the season finale show of Oral Fixation, the air was hot and humid.  I had wanted to put on some make up for the evening, but with the dogs and not feeling all that great, I realized it would be a waste.  Make up during hot and humid days means it will just melt off my face.  That is never good and makes one feel even worse.

But, yesterday, it was very cool and I felt a bit more energized.  I managed to get cleaned up, then sat down and started putting on the make up.  I covered up the red areas on my face with coverage and used eye brightener to play down the dark areas around my eyes.  Then, I put on make up primer over my face.  Once that was done, I used my normal Lancome foundation over my face and moved down my neck.

Next, I used Charlotte Tilbury "Cheek to Chic - Love Glow" blush.  There are two blush colors - outer and inner circle.  You are to swish your blush brush around the blushes, then "pop" the brush in the center to get that "pop" on your cheeks.  The blush makes a very nice glow - nothing that glares out at you.

Next, I work on my eyes using "The Uptown Girl" color palette.  The colors are numbered and it states "1. Prime 2. Enhance 3. Smoke 4. Pop"  The colors are fairly neutral, but very pretty and shimmery.  I covered the entire lid with Prime.  Next, using a crease brush, I dotted, then blended the Enhance in the crease or eye socket area.  From there, I swept a bit of the Smoke from the corner of my eye into the crease a bit using the same crease brush.  Not all of the color in the crease, but just 1/4 of the way.  I did not use the Pop, but if you wanted, you could just put your ring finger in the shadow, then press the color into the center of your lid.

I always line my eyes using a liquid eye liner.  While I had bought a liquid liner, I decided to use "The Classic" in Audrey.  It is a gorgeous rich brown color, but what I really loved about it was that it was perfect for lining my eyes.  Usually, when I use pencil liner, I have this space between the liner and the lashes.  I do not like that, but not with this pencil.  The color melted a bit into the lash area and that really made my eyes pop.  I lined both the top and bottom of my eyes.

I use Anastasia's brow pencil for forming and filling in my brows.  I have really enjoyed using that brand for my brows because it works so well.

Charlotte's mascara, unfortunately, does not fatten up my lashes.  It took a lot to get the look I was going for with my lashes, so I was a bit disappointed with that.

Next, I used Too Faced lip primer - that stuff has done wonders with keeping my lipstick and glosses in place - no feathering.  Using Charlotte's lip liner - lip cheat in Pink Venus, I lined my lips, then applied Charlotte's K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Bitch Perfect (What a fun color name!)  It is a really pretty soft pink.  Since it was an evening affair, I applied the lip gloss, Lip Lustre in Sweet Stiletto, to complete the look.

Overall, I was very impressed with this brand of make up.  I also have the matte lipstick that Charlotte suggests to compliment this look, if one likes a matte lip.  I like to do that from time to time.

Here is a link for this look by Charlotte Tilbury - I think she will become a popular name in make up here in the US soon - very nice collection:

http://www.charlottetilbury.com/us/looks/the-uptown-girl.html

No comments:

Post a Comment