Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Weather and Me...

 Maybe I just need to accept it:  I am about to go through menopause.

My blood sugar numbers are fairly regular, so that is a good thing.  However, these personal "heat waves" I experience are really dragging me.  I feel tired a lot of the time, but I also attribute that to the pain killers and dealing with the back pain.  

Next, I sweat.  I sweat so much so that when I attempted to dry my hair yesterday, it just would not dry.  The back of my head remained soaking wet, so I just pulled my hair back into a pony tail.  I hate to do that because it gives off a rather harsh, run-down look to me.  Furthermore, you can forget wearing any make-up.  Nothing more frustrating than putting on make-up and having it just melt off your face.

My period was already pretty irregular, but now, I am completely off schedule.  I got something that resembled a period two weeks off schedule, but was so light, I worried that something else was wrong.  This past period crept up on me without much warning, but it only lasted 3 days.  Normally, it would be 5-7 days.

I came back into my apartment about 45 minutes ago from walking the dogs.  I was sweating and the apartment felt really warm.  However, the temperature in the apartment is 69-70 degrees.  Good grief...

My face still feels really warm and man, the ice water tastes really good.  I figure, maybe the best way to cool off is to drink ice water.

I am not sure what else could be the issue with my body, but I do realize that I am now a woman of a "certain age."  This is going to happen no matter what.  Times like these, I just wish my mother was alive to ask her questions about all of this.  

The piece I really hate and the main reason I see a counselor is that I snap fairly quickly.  When things/plans to do not go as planned, I snap.  I just want things to go perfectly - I have major issues dealing with stuff that just happens - as I know it will do - it always does.  

At some point, all of this will settle down.  I just wonder how else I can survive the internal weather changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment