Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting ahead...somewhat...

I spent most of the week iced in by the bad weather.  I worked from home and got a lot of stuff done, but my housework still took a backseat.  Today, I have managed to get a load of dishes done, two loads of laundry, vacuumed a dog hair covered apartment, and put out shrimp for dinner.  I hope to make butter garlic shrimp, left over roasted veggies, and rice.  That should help my blood sugar.

I did remember to take my vitamins this morning.  Also, my blood sugar was under 200!  Super bonus!  I just have to keep up making the right food choices.  For lunch today, it will be soup and salad.  I have some "work" work to do, but hopefully, nothing too stressful.  I also need to clear out some of the unnecessary clutter, such as old flyers, magazines, and other "trash".  I hope to sit down and do my budget before dinner, then give myself a manicure.

All my life, I have chewed on my fingernails.  I suppose that is one of the ways I deal with stress.  I know my other way is eating.  I wish I were not so heavy - I do love good food and within the past few years, I have tried to cook good food to eat.  With the diabetes, I am simply trying to cook good food that will inspire me to continue to eat well without giving up those great tastes.

I better get back to the house work.  I have a ton of laundry to fold, so that will keep me pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment