Friday, February 4, 2011

Working for the weekend...

Morning Blood Sugar:  200
Evening Blood Sugar:  241

Well, started close to breaking the upper 100s.  I am trying not to discourage myself on these numbers primarily if my blood sugar was starting at 100 and ended at 140, that would be a good day.  Basically, I had a 40 point separation from this morning to tonight.  That is "normal".  The numbers are a better indicator of the fact that I am still trying to lower the existing blood sugar numbers from the beginning of January.  It took me 2 to 3 months to get to that point back in 2006-2007. 

On 12/05/2006, I took my first diabetes course to learn how to manage my disease.  It was there I learned more about measuring my carb intake.  Like I did then, I am focusing just on the carb value for intake and not the calories.  After awhile, it seems like counting so many different things gets depressing and I start feeling deprived.  That is not the goal here.

I have spent most of the week working from home due to the inclement weather conditions.  I have noticed that I am failing to eat a decent breakfast in the mornings and take my vitamin supplements.  I need to make sure I eat something for breakfast and take my vitamins.  I am taking fish oil, cinnamon, calcium, and potassium.  The fish oil and cinnamon are to help with lowering my blood sugar.  The calcium and potassium help with easing leg and foot muscle cramps and provide me with more energy.  Apparently, my last A1C test showed I was vitamin D deficient, so that explained why I was always dragging.

I know this weather has been causing my skin to dry out.  That is not good for my hands because the skin will start to crack open and bleed.  The dogs are scratching like crazy.  I have been making sure that both Bo and Chloe get their Benedryl, but they are still scratching.  I brushed out Bo and that did not seem to help.  I think both dogs have dry skin, so tomorrow, I am going to give them some fish oil.

Seems "Princess" Chloe wants to go to bed, so night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment