Monday, December 10, 2012

Enjoying "me" time...

Taking a day off today, so that I can work on a few projects in my apartment.  Right now, just relaxing with a cup of coffee and trying not to overwhelm myself over what all I should do.  I have another vacation day on Friday and the entire following week.  I hope to get a lot of personal stuff done.

It is bitter cold outside, but that is what makes it feel more like Christmas for me.  There was a very light dusting of snow, which was nice to see.  The dogs enjoyed being out for a walk this morning.  Now, both have found their respective places and are sound asleep.

For the past several years, I just do not get into decorating for Christmas.  That is because for several years, Christmas was a very bitter time. There was a lot of fighting and nothing seemed "good" about Christmas.  With my mom gone, it is even harder.

The other day, I was thinking about "forgiveness".  One can forgive, but the biggest problem is that it is so hard to forget.  Before my mom passed away, there were some outstanding issues that she had.  I know she could never forgive, but upon reflection, I think she should have.  Never forget, but forgive and let it go.  I have had some instances where I struggled with issues I did not understand.  I finally decided it was best to forgive and move on.  However, the hardest part is just forgetting.  Every once in awhile, the memory will pop up out of nowhere.  I don't pick when it happens, but it does.  I have already reconciled the situation and forgiven it, but here is the memory of it.

Perhaps, you are not to ever forget it.  It is a lesson one learns in life.  Sure, forgive, but learn the lesson.

Today's Message from God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you influence those around you.

Think well about the seeds you are planting as you influence the people around you every day. You can plant seeds of impatience, fear, and frustration, or of love, contentment, and faith. It's up to you!

I try to plant the seeds of laughter, sunshine, and love.  I know I have my negative days.  I get my negative days when my paranoia gets the better of me.  When it comes to others, I try to make sure that they feel safe, rather than afraid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment