Sunday, December 30, 2012

Major steps...

Today - I actually made it to the movie theater and saw "The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey."  I loved it.  I loved sitting at the back of the theater in the seat at the top of the stairs.  I did not have to deal with people walking over me to go to the bathroom or what have you.  I was all snuggled in my warm coat with a small popcorn and medium diet coke.  Granted, I polished off the popcorn before the movie started, that was because I attended the 10 AM showing and had not had breakfast.

Still, I truly enjoyed myself in watching something on the "big" screen.  It was my private rollercoaster ride and I savored every moment.  Granted, I had been to see the James Bond movie, "Skyfall", but dealt with people talking through the movie.  Here, no one talked during the movie.  It was truly an enjoyable experience.

Tonight, I cooked a prime rib roast, made faux mashed potatoes with cauliflower, and sauteed some brussel sprouts.  Faux mashed potatoes was fabulous.  Very happy to learn this new recipe because it allows me to use cauliflower in place of potatoes.  The brussel sprouts were not soft enough, so next time, I am going to steam those before I sautee them.

The code weather is causing Chloe some issues with walking.  I can see where she is limping around and not really wanting to walk.  Also, she is more prone to sleep in the bedroom.  I am going to put up my left overs and whip up the cheese ball mix, so that it can firm up over night.

Tomorrow, I have to go into work to deal with some stuff, but hoping not to stay there all day.  I would like to come home, straighten up the apartment, then get on with fixing the goodies for NYE.  On NYD, I will need to drive downtown and give a friend of mine a NYD dinner.  She ended up in the hospital before Christmas and not sure if she will be heading home soon.  Seems like she had pneumonia and must have caught whatever was going around where she was working.  She recently went through chemotherapy and radiation treatments for breast cancer.  I know that her system is weak and prone to getting viruses.

Today's Message from God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

your talent is God's gift to you.

What you do with it is your gift back to God.

Really do not have anything to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment