Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year...

It is that time again.  We begin with a brand new year.  A new slate that is supposedly clean and ready for the upcoming year.  Well, that is how we all envision that.

Last night, I just snacked around on BBQ cocktail sausages, cheese dip, crackers and cheese ball, and boiled shrimp. Today, I fixed black-eyed peas, corn bread, boiled cabbage, and deviled eggs to go with the ham. After lunch, I was totally stuffed.

I have a friend who has been in the hospital since Christmas day.  Her body's immune system cannot handle bacterial viruses.  Also, she had taken some bactrum, which affected her bone marrow.  She is getting better, but it could have been worse.

I figured she could use some cheer.  I had not known of her being in the hospital until recently.  Today, I took her some ham, boiled cabbage, deviled eggs, black-eyed peas, and corn bread.  I also tossed in some brownies for dessert.  I hope she enjoys it.  I told her next year, she needs to spend New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with me, rather than the hospital. 

I haven't put together everything I plan to get accomplished this year, but I should have something to post later on that note.

Today's message from God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

when what you are doing is not working, do something else.

Anything else. You'll only get the same results if you do what you have always done.

I have to agree with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment