Friday, January 11, 2013

End of the Week Wrap Up...

It has been quite a busy week.  While waiting for my yearly calendar organizer to arrive in the mail, I started back to using Task Coach for all of the stuff I do at work.  The most difficult part I have found is entering in all of the requests I get through out the day.  The reason why I do that is so that I can accurately measure how much time I spend either answering so called "quick questions", looking up log file information, small and large projects, and the like. 

After a full day, I could not even tell you everything I did.  Only imagine what I could remember for an entire week!  I have emails, but I get over 250+ emails every day.  Going through a week's worth of emails to generate a report on what I did is at least a 3 to 4 hour job.  By using Task Coach, I have everything listed and by project.  Even better, I have how much time I spent working on each item.  That helps with recording my time in the project recording system. 

Downside, since I get called upon so much, I tend to get way too many requests to get them entered in a timely manner.  When that happens, I tend to forget, then the whole recording of what I do gets tossed.  I am going to work harder on that aspect because by doing this, it helps me cut back on how much time I spend on status reports.

This weekend, I plan on stopping by New Balance to get some new shoes for working out.  After my visit with the endocrinologist, she wants me to start exercising 3 to 4 times a week for 30 to 60 minutes.  I thought about rejoining Curves as they have a new program starting for people with diabetes.  However, I thought a bit harder on that. 

After the holidays, I found I overspent.  Some a bit foolishly and some because I really wanted to do it.  Bottom line, most of my bonus this year will go to paying down bills, rather than saving for a house.  So, I thought about the whole joining a gym.  In most cases, that is $30 to $70 out of my budget each month.  What usually happens - I quit going and still pay fees to have access.  The smart thing to do is use the exercise facility that my apartment complex provides as part of my rent.  It is there and most of the time it is empty.  Just makes no sense to pay to get into the habit of doing something when I can do it for free.  Therefore, I still have to get new shoes either way.  My old ones are way worn out for such exercise, so it only makes sense to get new shoes.

On the health/diabetes front, I have been doing pretty well.  I have noticed I am not quite so negative or fearful.  I think having a better balance on the blood sugar helps me not only physically, but mentally.  These days, I do not see being on insulin shots as a negative, but a positive.  It really has helped me.  However, I just do not want to increase it.  :-)

Today's Message From God:

Today, Melissa, we believe God wants you to know that ...

it's ok to ask for help.

You are not here to do it all alone. That would be crazy! Do you know how to grow rice, spin yard or make electricity? No one does it all alone. That's why people have each other. Relying on and supporting each other is what makes the world go round. Don't be shy about asking for help.
 
Somehow, I think I have seen this before and I said my feelings on that.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment