Friday, January 11, 2013

Dear love of music...

I would say it has been 4 years since I have attended a huge concert.  The last concert I attended was Nine Inch Nails on 8/18/2008.  After that time, I was going back to school and dealing with my mom's illness. 

Since that time, I have attended mainly hockey games at the AAC.  I was supposed to go see Madonna back in October, but work had other plans for me.  That was one expensive ticket to go to waste.

I thought long and hard about changes I wanted to make in my life.  Hockey season will be back next week, but no tickets are on sale at this time.  I will attend a few hockey games this year.  However, there were some bands I really wanted to see.

I got tickets to see The English Beat (who I have always wanted to see in concert since the mid 80's), Muse (fell in love with their music after watching their show on Palladium), Eric Clapton (a legend), and Fleetwood Mac (the one band that remained a staple in my life from age 8).  All of these bands I have never seen perform live.  Here was my opportunity.

I did learn my lesson from the Madonna concert.  I took out insurance in case I was unable to make it.  I think it would be worth the $7 to get the entire cost of the ticket reimbursed.  Still, I hope that I will be able to attend all shows.  I love music and watching performers perform their classics.  I don't think I will ever really grow old of attending concerts.  I am just really picky about who I want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment