Monday, January 28, 2013

Taking it too far...

Ever met someone who always has to put it in your face how something or someone is so much better than what you like?  You and I both know that everyone has their own taste, but just puts it in your face every single time - no matter what it is.  I have such a friend.  I love him dearly and I have tried telling him that his attitude is too over the top.  Still, I grow so tired of that sort of childish garbage.

For example, California fajitas are SOOOOO much better than the ones in Texas.  His favorite hockey team is unbeaten.  Basically, he has this affinity that everything is sooooo much better than in Texas.  So?  I am cheering on a team I love.  I never say anything rude or offensive when I cheer on my teams.  He always cheers the opposite team and puts it in my face when my team loses.

Rather than engage in that less than appealing conversation, this time, I was just nice about it.  As far as his favorite team being unbeaten - congrats, but just a matter of time when someone gets hurt and they lose.  Going unbeaten in an entire season is rare, but should it happen, congrats.

I would rather engage in discussion regarding how the games are being played and how well certain players are doing.  I do not like "Mine is better than yours!" type of crap.

I apologize, but that whole thing got under my skin.  I figured if I got it written out, then it would be out of my system.  :-)

Today's Message From God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

every relationship rests on three legs: accepting, supporting and challenging.

That's really it, isn't it? You want your relationships to be grounded on accepting each other as you are. On supporting each other through the inevitable ups and downs. On challenging each other to become more, to grow, to flourish. Which one of these is the more difficult one for you, and how are you going to practice it in the next 24 hours?

Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment