Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday - Personal Time...

I went to bed last night pretty late.  Mainly because I came home, walked the dogs, then fell asleep on the bed for about 3 hours.  I know why I am exhausted, but that happens every month.  Luckily, I am not on-call and I can manage to get the rest and not feel bad about it.

This morning, I rolled out of bed with a lot of places to go on my mind.  I did stop by New Balance and got some new shoes.  I tried looking for some OPI Katy Perry "Last Friday" nail polish, but honestly, that was so last year.  ;-)  (I liked the color, but had to be honest - it was last year, so that was a total no go.)  I had my manicure/pedicure, which made me feel much better, even though it was raining off and on all day.  Wearing a funky "Sephora by OPI - Techno Girl".  I had "Sephora by OPI - Casting Call" put on my toes.  I like that neutral mauve color.

I tried Plucker's wings.  Not that the wings were bad, but considering the distance from home and the fact that they gave a paltry amount of celery, I won't be going back there any time soon.  I have tried various wing places and I have come to really like Wing Stop.  I can get a pretty good tray of celery and carrots to go with my wings.  Buffalo Wild Wings is okay, but I think Wing Stop will satisfy my craving.

I noticed that a Fuzzy's Taco Shop is opening up near me as well.  I have tried Rusty's Taco at the intersection of Coit and Hedgecox.  I LOVE the shrimp tacos.  What would make them even more insane is if they used boiled shrimp instead of fried.  I like the brisket and veggie tacos as well.  The menu is a bit limiting because you pretty much order tacos, chips, salsa, guacamole, and queso.  No beans or rice there.  Fuzzy's has that option, so it should be interesting.

One thing I do not think I blogged about was attending a co-worker's post holiday party.  The party was a full house and I am not kidding.  I would say 100 people showed up.  I did get an opportunity to try some new foods.  Someone had fixed up a brie round, which was very good.  My co-worker did a wonderful job on the cheese logs he made as well as the Texas caviar - black-eyed peas mixed with chopped tomatoes, onions, and black beans.  The co-worker I took with me to the party made some awesome shrimp spring rolls.  I had never had anything like that!  She made a peanut sauce and brought some hoison sauce to dot in the peanut sauce.  It was so delicious.  I have been trying to years to get her to make her spring rolls to bring to work.  She would never do it because she feared I would not like it.  That did not happen!  LOL

I had planned to go see Django Unchained tomorrow morning, but it is probably a better idea to hang home and get some cleaning done here.  I can always go in the week, perhaps, I can do that on Monday.  That would give me something exciting to do.

Today's Message From God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

it's time you remembered who you really are.

You are not your wallet, your job, your kids, your house. You are not your activities or your worries or the labels other people give you. Like an actor you play these roles, and like a good actor you sometimes forget who you really are. Time to wake up now, and remember that you are a being of immense power and breathtaking beauty created in the image of God.

That is what I am trying to do.  Trying to figure out who I really am - not what things I have or what I have done.  I do know for a fact that I am very nerdy and geeky, but I like that. I like to play with make up and get all girly, but I also like just being natural.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment