Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Morning Blues...

Ahhhh...here again, are you? 

Weekends seem to fly right by me these days.  I suppose I should quit planning things.  LOL

I am a bit annoyed with a situation in my apartment.  Chirping smoke alarms.  Now, I know all apartment complexes must have them - it is fire code.  However, did the smoke alarms really have to be placed at the top of 11 ft ceilings?

It would seem that within a small time frame - 4 to 5 months, I have chirping smoke alarms in the living room again.  *sigh*  It is not the chirping that annoys me (well, it does - I will be honest), but it drives the dogs crazy.  Both cannot stand the chirping and go into shaking and freak out mode.  In order to squelch the "chirping", I have to set the thermostat to 76 degrees.  That makes it difficult to sleep because most of the heat goes into my bedroom where the ceiling is much lower.

On Saturday, I called the complex to complain about the situation.  Not the fact that the alarms were chirping, but the fact that I have had maintenance come into this apartment far too many times to change out the stupid batteries for the smoke alarms in the living room.  The response I got was that some smoke alarms drain batteries quicker than others.  Hmmmm...not quite the answer I wanted to hear.  Then, again, better than the answer I got about switching out the lights in the stairwell - "Oh, you can get a ladder and change them yourself."  Ummmm...yeah, I am 5'3" and the ceiling is 11+ft high.  I can see that happening - NOT.

This weekend, I bought some Duracell batteries.  I am not fond of the batteries the complex uses.  They are cheap and do not last.  The Duracell batteries actually seem to last longer.  I got the Duralock for heavy drain devices, which I think might cover these smoke alarms.

All I know is that I need to get this situation rectified or I am going to have to deal with two doggies that will need therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment