Sunday, January 13, 2013

Positive Sunday...

I did get a morning call from work.  Luckily, it was a problem that someone else had to resolve.  I really wish people would read the error message and learn how to debug.  It is not rocket science.

I rolled out of bed and rant the dogs out for their potty walk at 9:30 AM.  I ran by McDonald's and Starbucks to kick start my day.  Yesterday, I noticed a red spot on my left foot.  I dug around my bedroom and found the cream the doctor had prescribed for this type of thing.  I quickly cleaned up and put some cream on the spot in question.  Not sure what is causing that, but seems a little odd.

I picked up Random Cathy and we went to Starbucks to have tea.  It was great to discuss the book that we are reading and discuss the "spending fast."  I just need to stay away from the stores.  :-)  I do try hard to stick to my "list" when I go shopping.  However, I find I can be just as bad about spending on-line as well as going to a brick-and-mortar.

I enjoyed my time talking with Cathy.  I always come away from our meetings with a lot of positive energy.

I was going to make some shrimp gumbo tonight, but I think I will get something out to eat.  In the meantime, I am going to go about the apartment and throw out some trash. 

Today's Message From God (I think this has a lot of meaning for me):

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

your ability to receive is equally important to your ability to give.

Have you ever brought a special gift, working hard just to get it, only to be refused by the person you were giving it to? That didn't feel right, did it? Our relationships are greatly enhanced when we become not only generous givers, but generous receivers as well. When we know how to accept gladly, wholeheartedly, embracing the gift as an extension of the giver. It takes both giving and receiving for care and generosity to flow unimpeded.

 I am working on this one.  I know I do have a difficult time accepting anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment