Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Friendships Come and Go...

You would think at this age, I would get the idea that friendships come and go.  Some people live for the drama that others produce.  Maybe that is how soap operas got their popularity?

I do not like being treated as a pawn in some weird game.  When people post their ugly laundry regarding divorces and the like in hopes of gaining some sort of "team" to fight against another person, it is simply sad.  For this particular piece of drama, I refuse to take sides.  It is all very ugly and I simply do not see any thing getting better of the situation.

When I take offense to the girlfriend posting all of this commentary, I become the villain because everyone wants to make the other person look like some sort of evil incarnate.  Really?  Of all of the world's problems, you choose *this* to make a stand?

The difficult part is making sure I truly am not siding for one or the other.  I can see the difficulty one would have judging people, so I choose not to side.  For those who have chosen their side, I am more shocked at how cruel they were.  One unfriended me, but I look at it like this - I see your loyalty for what it truly is - fair weathered - never thinking once about how I stood by and supported you through various trials and tribulations.

Divorce is ugly.  That is all I can say for it.  Sometimes, I feel that many people do not take marriage seriously enough.  Perhaps, rather than having the words:

to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Change it to:

Until I get sick of you and your petty garbage.

Does not sound so nice, but these days, it comes down to that.  No one wants to work at a marriage.  The truth be known, people need to quit telling those happy ending stories about the prince and the princess - you never hear about what happened after they got married.  What a horrible cheater the prince was, how the princess stole things from the prince, or how the prince beat the princess on a daily basis.

However, to lose friendships over this?  Well, I am probably better off without all of that.  I appreciate the people in my life who have gone through divorce and kept that garbage off of FB.  They did not feel the need to create "teams". 

What in the hell is that, anyway?  Freaking high school?!  This is real life, people!!!  It is not a cartoon and people hurt.   

Time to move on and up...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your FB sabbatical. And know that it isn't you. Their anger and fear at each other just splashes over everything. As for moving on and up, I like that. Up is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just very unhappy with how I was treated for voicing an opinion. Trying very hard to let go and realize these people are how they really are - they cannot see beyond. I will be the first to admit that there are holes in each person's story. If they would take the time to look and analyze, the stories weave like a crochet table runner - full of a lot of holes. I expect people to support their friends. I do not expect them to make those who do not see their point villains. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete