Saturday, March 28, 2015

Arrrgggghhhh! I Cannot Believe I Did That!!!

I know how it all started.  I was talking with some people at work and started tossing around the idea of having a group attend a Rough Riders game down the street.  At the time, our offices were located near the Rough Riders ball park.

We have put together two game outings.  The first one was the "All You Can Eat" Seats.  We got a section of seats for $20 each.  Then, you could have all you can eat/drink hot dogs, brats, nachos, and soft drinks.  We had a huge group - people brought their kids and everyone had a good time.

The following year, a co-worker and I decided it would be a great idea to get a "patio" for the next event.  Having dealt with the "all-you-can-eat" trough business, we thought it might be a better deal.  You get a catered meal, beer and wine, and soft drinks.  Only problem - the price.  It was double, but we could justify it because we were renting the patio and furthermore, free alcohol for about 2 hours.

That event had a good turnout.  Issues - not everyone got a souvenir hat and popcorn was too salty.  Bonus - since no one was renting the two suites, the ball park opened them up to us to use.

Last year, we did not get enough feedback for the event.  We were late on scheduling and could only get a patio for the last week in August.  No one wants to be out there in the sweltering heat and many were taking that last summer vacation before school started.

This year, we got started early.  We decided to go small - get a patio in the outfield.  Let's be honest, many are using this a social event, not to see the baseball game.  We figured - what would be the point?  We got pretty much the same deal as the year before regarding the food and drinks.

We managed to get just above the minimum required to attend the game, so it is officially "ON".  I am getting people who were sitting on the fence to come up and ask if it is too late to pay to go.  Luckily, we can keep adding, so it is not a problem.

Where did I go wrong?  Yours truly had already paid for a concert ticket for the same night as the group baseball game.  DOH!

I cannot believe I did that.  However, you know what - I will still attend the concert.  I may not be there at 7 PM when the doors open, but I am sure the show won't start until 8 PM - that would be the opening act.  However, the main act will be taking the stage at probably 10 PM.  That should be plenty of time for me to attend the baseball game and concert.  It will be tight, but it is a Friday night, so no expectations for the following morning.  

Still, I cannot believe I did that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment