Sunday, March 8, 2015

Procrastinating Again...

I have been bad about procrastination for most of my life.  At UNT, I even did a speech on procrastination, which I had waited until the last minute to do, and got an A for doing it.  Well, I guess when you are an expert, you will always do well.

Right now, I have rescheduled my U-Verse installation four times because I am not happy with how far I have gotten on cleaning.  I am allowing for too many distractions and that is on me and no one else.  Luckily, I am staying home today and tomorrow (day off!) to take care of the majority of issues.  That way, next weekend, I will not feel so overwhelmed.

It is important for me to get U-Verse into the apartment as it will allow me to reduce the amount of money spent for cable and internet services.  My email addresses will be changing, but I am prepared.  I will send out emails to everyone and as I do my bills, I will change my email addresses that way.  I know I will have to leave TimeWarner and RoadRunner in place for a month, but luckily, I am on the deal where I won't have to pay a U-Verse bill until July/August time frame.  That should allow plenty of time for me to re-route everyone to the new email address.

I may consider moving all accounts to my G-mail account and have that forward over to my new email accounts.  That is definitely something to look into doing.  It would help me immensely.

Last night, I met with a couple I only get to see about once a year.  I met the wife while attending Tarrant County Junior College in the mid-80's.  We both went to North Texas State University in 1986 - she stayed in the dorm and my parents had me drive back and forth to school.  I had wanted to live in the dorm, but neither wanted that.  In fact, they would have been happier had I went to UTA.  

Anyway, my friend met her husband at UNT and soon after that, she dropped out of college and moved back home.  Then, she and her husband got married and had a baby.  During that time, I got a job with IBM and we stopped seeing one another.  It was through FB that we reconnected and I am much happier to have found both of them.  Life was so crazy in the early years, but now, it is so wonderful so see them and get some great laughs.  Maybe this year, I can fly out to Atlanta and attend their annual Halloween party.  Back in the day, my friend would throw some awesome Halloween parties, then with her husband in the mix - the parties were more outrageous, but so much fun.

So, I procrastinated from doing what needed to be done to see them.  I do not mind - it was worth it as I never get to see them these days.  I had a lot of fun and wished I was not such a wimp when it comes to drinking.  I got to feeling pretty light headed last night, so I could not tell if it was due to the alcohol or high blood sugar.  So, I tried to get something that might pull me together.  All the same, I had a wonderful time getting to see this couple and their friends last night.

Now, time to start on the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment